-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of the clan adress

3 posters

Go down

State of the clan adress Empty State of the clan adress

Post  Simmy Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 am

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a good festive period and ate too much.

Now, many of you have asked why we don't just "get new hosts" or why the server is so laggy/buggy/crappy, well, let me tell you a little story.

When First Class Gaming was first created by myself and Edward we searched the internet for a decent server provider whilst Edward used his own money to fund the servers. We chose to settle with PlugPayPlay.com for they seemed the best at the time. They had the ability to rent 'test' servers to check your ping and connection, which was extremely helpful for us as we could chose a server with a decent ping for where me and Edward are situated (South East England), it also gave me the chance to test out the Trouble in Terror Town modifications that I had created since Garry has removed the feature that allowed me to test them on a single player mode.

After renting 4/5 test servers for both these reasons we decided that this server host would be the best for us, even though I am good friends with the leader of another server hosting company (Nitrous-Networks) me and Edward both thought that PlugPayPlay were the best deal for the tiny budget we had at that time, so we went ahead and used all our budget on a 20 slot 3 month server, thinking that by the 3 months was up we would have enough from my donations and VIP donations to pay off for another 3 months of (what we thought) awesome servers.

Anyway, skip to present day and all our money is tied up in a product that isn't what we expected. Also, our business plan to receive donations for VIP was kind of risky but we believed we could pull it off, and i believe we could of if our servers had been working properly from the get-go.

So, to summarise, we cannot buy into another server hosting company at this moment, unless we sold approximately 3 VIP packages in the next 2 and a half months. Other options include trying to get a refund from the company, either through them directly or through a Paypal dispute, but this will probably not work out, and our third option, to just deal with the hand we have been given for another 2 months and try and piece together the money needed to invest in a better server hosting company.

I hope now you understand the situation a little better.

-Simmy
Simmy
Simmy

Back to top Go down

State of the clan adress Empty Re: State of the clan adress

Post  Edward Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. I've moved your billing date back by two days as an apology. We're rather short-staffed at the moment, due to it being New Years and we're trying our hardest to keep on top of everything. I'm sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response as well. We've ordered the parts for a new node and this should be up in the next few days, a week maximum and then we can move you over to the new node if you wish.

Happy New Year - Have a Great 2013!

Regards

This is the reply received from our server host. The server should be much better within the week as you can see. The server is up now, SO JOIN IT! OR ELSE! >Very Happy
Edward
Edward

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinki Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

I SWEAR if I could donate I would, I have like 1000kr wich is about 94 and a half punds.
Tinki
Tinki

http://www.wishihadawebsitetoobadidonthaveone.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Edward Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 am

Send it via post >Very Happy ... Across the world.... hahah
Edward
Edward

Back to top Go down

Post  Simmy Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 am